Narrated by Sarah Long
Douglas and I ended up getting married just a month after I graduted from college. I managed to keep it low-stress by having a very small wedding with just my family and our closest friends. (Douglas' parents couldn't make it, but they sent their good wishes.)
1. So, my first attempt at a fancy wedding. I am really sad that I didn't get posed pictures of the wedding party or Sarah with her family, but I ran out of time (both in-game and IRL) and decided to just call it a lesson learned and be more efficient next time. (You'll see the fruits of that in my next mini-update.)
2. Sarah wore the same wedding dress as her mother did. It just seemed like the kind of thing she'd do.
3. Joan was the only one who stood up to clap because everybody else was still sitting in their chairs like I told them and not actually watching the wedding at all. (I had to eliminate a lot of photos that had speech bubbles in them...Gretchen and Jaden were having an involved conversation about food during the vows.) That is another mistake I worked to remedy the next time.
4. Sarah and Douglas were both virgins on their wedding night, but Douglas had had a brief affair with Brittanie Kules (they didn't woohoo, but they did a lot of serial making out) so I figured he'd be more experienced and she'd be a bit nervous. Storyline-wise, he would have told Sarah about his dissipated youth, but in-game she has no idea. (Stupidly, it was causing major problems with Jaden and Douglas' relationship, but I managed to fix that at my next wedding too.)
5. Sarah is already pregnant. Joan will be pleased. (Actually, Sarah and Douglas also have a baby want.)
6. Custom content credit: Sarah's wedding hair is Spring in Your Step by Almighty Hat (scroll down) and Ingrid's hair is Melody of the Wind by Libitina. There was also shameless overuse of the Teleporter Cat from Simlogical (Pets version, because I don't have Apartment Life) to get everyone on the lot and make them go where I wanted them to go.